Saturday, August 05, 2017

Mt. Rainier Memorial Hike

My father-in-law would have loved having the family together. In one of his favorite places. The family went on a memorial hike at Mt. Rainier yesterday. With four of his five children, one daughter-in-law, seven grandchildren, and one girlfriend.

My mother-in-law didn't go on the hike, but joined the group for a meal afterward. I stayed home with our dog.

Picture credit: My son

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so exciting to think we will see our loved ones again. You know, in my mind, they went on a trip I'm just not allowed to go on yet. Sometimes the reality of being Home in New Earth is so great I look around in wonder that I/we are still here.

I love you,
Marion