Friday, June 09, 2017

The Lucky Few: Finding God's Best in the Most Unlikely Places

I didn't expect to be so drawn in. Once I started the book, The Lucky Few: Finding God's Best in the Most Unlikely Places by Heather Avis, I read it straight through in a couple days. I was inspired by a woman's journey through infertility and then adopting three children, including two with Down syndrome. It was a story of learning to trust God and letting Him write the perfect story.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17 ESV


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is the same story or not. It reminds of a blurb I read about a family who adopted , I think, 12 children. There was some child who read about the family and said it would be so cool to be a part of that family. Two years later the child was adopted. I believe that same child was talking to another about it's mam being pregnant. The child said, "Don't worry, I am sure your mom will love the baby." They thought being adopted was the normal way to become a family.

I love you,
Marion