Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Recipe Box Love

I love my recipe card box filled with cooking memories. There are handwritten recipes from my Texas aunt. She made the box and filled it as a wedding present--over 31 years ago now! There are also recipe cards from my wedding shower. I  recognize my mother-in-law's handwriting on several. Printed recipes from my sister. And many typewritten recipes from my mom. No wonder I cook with love!

Pictured: A favorite family recipe for carrot pie from my late great-grandmother, as typed by my mom.

http://widemargins.blogspot.com/2008/01/meanwhile-back-in-kitchen.html

She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. Proverbs 31:14 ESV


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few recipes written by my mom, one by Dave's grandmother and one by his mom. It does make good memories come alive when I use them.

Hugs,
Marion

Oh, I did track down the carrot pie recipe through the blog. :)