Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Elements of Style

I hoped to snag a classic writing book for a friend. So I scoped out Half Price Books Outlet store on a Monday. Came back for 25 cent paperback (pocket-size mass market) Tuesday.  But it was gone. On my way out I spied the 10 cent table. Scored a different copy of The Elements of Style. Works for me!

https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-William-Strunk-Jr/dp/194564401X

The words of a wise man's mouth win him favor, but the lips of a fool consume him. Ecclesiastes 10:12 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any time one spends "less" is always a win. BUT, when they are free it's even better. A few weeks ago our music pastor was giving away boxes of books from his collection. What the congregation didn't take went to the good will. My Dave and I came away with so many we could hardly carry them. Books are good friends one can go to again and again.

I love you,
Marion