Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Add One Stocking

We don't follow many set traditions for what happens when. But we typically have stockings for each family member to open Christmas morning. It was fun to add one this year and surprise my daughter's boyfriend.

Pictured: In front of the cozy (internet) yule log.

And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,  "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"  Luke 2:12-14 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have the "Christmas Morning" stockings, too. We have breakfast out ours. I have beef jerky, a tangerine, usually some type of cracker with maybe, cheese. Then we have a special drink, chocolate and a small gift. I don't remember when it started. I just know the couple of times I talked about not doing it....lets just say the KIDS SAID "IT'S A TRADITION!!!" You can't not do it. SOOO, we still do it. One year my son Jon got the stocking stuffer gift. This year Salome got the special drink. Really, it's kind of fun to think what started as "Oh lets do something different" means so much to the kids.

I love you,
Marion