Monday, September 05, 2016

Simple and Fitting

Those were not just table decorations. They were a tribute to my father-in-law and what he loved. We used mason jars filled with some of the agates he collected over the years. With a little bamboo greenery from his timber bamboo stand in his backyard. Plus one flower from a bouquet of mixed flowers. Simple, beautiful, and fitting. Love how it came together.

Pictured: One of the jars my son and daughter put together for their grandfather's memorial service.

a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; Ecclesiastes 3:4-5 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, just, BEAUTIFUL, the flower arrangements, yes, BUT mostly the thought behind it. I was honored to see it in person. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this special time.

I love you,
Marion