Friday, September 09, 2016

Pizza Dough Improv

I regularly sub part or all whole wheat flour in my pizza dough. But what do you do when you run out of wheat and white flour? With just one more cup of flour needed. And you have already doubled the yeast and water.

Then you discover you are out of flax, which I like to grind and add when baking. Open the bag of coconut flour. Use 1/4 cup, plus Italian seasoning to mask the coconut flavor.

What can I use for the last 1/4 cup flour? Grind oat bran cereal until fine. (Love my dedicated spice grinder!) Next time I might add quinoa flour. Or corn meal. Just for fun.

Pictured: Tonight's thin crust pizza with pineapple, ham, and red pepper turned out great.

She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. Proverbs 31:14 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Necessity, the mother of invention. :)

Marion