Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Bible Study Fellowship Lecture

I love how I learn new things and get a fresh perspective on familiar scriptures in Bible Study Fellowship. Like in today's  lecture. I never thought about the question not asked. When the religious leaders asked John the Baptist what he was doing and who he was, they didn't ask the most important question. They did not ask where the Christ was.

They asked him, "Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?" John answered them, "I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know, even he who comes after me, the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie." John 1:25-27 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, they didn't did they. A good point, the things not said are often the most powerful.

Blessings,
Marion