Friday, July 01, 2016

The Songs of Jesus

I love the daily devotional friends gave us for Christmas. The Songs of Jesus: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Psalms by Timothy and Kathy Keller has a short passage from the book of Psalms, devotional thoughts, and a prayer. Simple but meaningful. With good takeaways for each day.

From July 1:
"Prayer: Lord, I thank you that you are a God of infinite power, so that even the oceans and hurricanes do your bidding, yet you are a tender shepherd to us. If the infinite power in the universe is our loving shepherd, then we can live fearlessly. Amen."

https://www.amazon.com/Songs-Jesus-Daily-Devotions-Psalms/dp/0525955143

The crash of your thunder was in the whirlwind; your lightnings lighted up the world; the earth trembled and shook. Your way was through the sea, your path through the great waters; yet your footprints were unseen. You led your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron. Psalm 77:18-20 ESV


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dave and I do daily devotions. This sounds like a wonderful one to do one year. Thanks for sharing,
Marion

Anonymous said...

I just showed this to my Dave. He said he wants to try it!!! SO, guess what I will be getting at the book store this next week!?!!