Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Stewardship: A Farmer's Heart

I knew I would learn something new when Pastor Seth Winterhalter preached on the parable of the talents from Matthew 25. A "talent" is a measure of weight, like silver. A talent of silver would have been about twenty years of wages.

Here are some thoughts:
God is in control of the harvest. I am in charge of how hard I work. I will not be judged by my fruitfulness. I will be judged by how I use my abilities.

You can listen online:
https://soundcloud.com/harborchurch/stewardship4

His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' Matthew 25:21 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being judged how I use my abilities, THAT'S food for thought.
Thank you for sharing,
Marion