Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Valley of Vision Prayer


I found a prayer to read at my women's Bible study this morning. Went with the lesson on forgiveness and what Jesus has done for us.

Here is a selection from Reconciliation in The Valley of Vision:

Thou hast taught me the necessity of a Mediator,
   a Messiah,
   to be embraced in love with all my heart,
     as king to rule me,
     as prophet to guide me,
     as priest to take away my sin and death,
   and this by faith in thy beloved Son
     who teaches me
   not to guide myself,
   not to obey myself,
   not to try to rule and conquer sin,
   but to cleave to the one who will do all for me.
Thou hast made known to me
   that to save me is Christ’s work,
   but to cleave to him by faith is my work,
   and with this faith is the necessity of my
     daily repentance
   as a mourning for the sin which Christ
     by grace has removed.

to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, 
and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24 ESV

No comments: