Sunday, July 11, 2010

Simple Request

Sometimes I don't know what to do. Do I help or drive on? But today how could I say no to the simple request? All the young man wanted was something to eat. So my daughter and I got out of the car. We went to the refrigerated section of the dollar store and let him pick out a couple items. He seemed genuinely appreciative. I got to talk to him a little in the checkout line. Maybe he'll come to church next Sunday. It's been years since he attended anywhere. I told him it would make his mother happy.

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? 1 John 3:17 ESV

2 comments:

ancient one said...

I pray that he will come to church and get his soul fed. That was a wonderful good deed.

Rae Spencer said...

What an awesome example you are setting for your child.