Friday, April 02, 2010

Power of His Cross

It's not a once-a-year thing. I think about Good Friday when I read the morning prayer on the 27th of the month. This is from A Diary of Private Prayer.

Grant, O most gracious God, that I may carry with me through this day's life the remembrance of the sufferings and death of Jesus Christ my Lord....

For the power of His Cross in the history of the world since He came:
For all who have taken up their own crosses and have followed Him:
For the noble army of martyrs and for all who are willing to die that others may live:
For all suffering freely chosen for noble ends, for pain bravely endured, for temporal sorrows that have been used for the building up of eternal joys:
I praise and bless Thy holy name.

For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. Colossians 1:19-20 ESV

No comments: