Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Helper

Another timely prayer. This morning I read in A Diary of Private Prayers:

...give me grace today to recognize the stirrings of Thy Spirit within my soul and to listen most attentively to all that Thou hast to say to me. Let not the noises of the world ever so confuse me that I cannot hear Thee speak. Suffer me never to deceive myself as to the meaning of Thy commands; and so let me in all things obey Thy will, through the grace of Jesus Christ my Lord.

And then I went to Bible study and read John 14. We are learning about the work of the Holy Spirit. I need all the help I can get.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. John 14:26 ESV

No comments: