Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lunar New Year

It's been a while since I heard that drum and saw the performers. Growing up in Asia it was a regular event, especially at Lunar New Year. Today my daughter and I heard firecrackers and saw lions dancing in front of our Vietnamese hair salon in Olympia. And enjoyed free food. My daughter even received a red envelope with a crisp one dollar bill in it.

Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil--this is the gift of God. Ecclesiastes 5:19 ESV

1 comment:

Darrin Haglund said...

Yeah... Yesterday Ethan and I were set to have lunch at our favorite Asian Deli... (you know the one)and it was closed! :( Lunar New Year! So we went to the Thai Garden in JoAnns parking lot. It was FANTASTIC but don't go over 2 on the spicy scale! The Pad Siew was better than than Soba but it was ALL GOOD! MMMMMMM the spicy wontons and peanut sauce appetizer!