Monday, February 01, 2010

Above all, Faith

The more I know, the more I know how little I know. But I am encouraged to keep on keeping on. In faith. I like what writer Leslie Leyland Field says about the Myth of the Perfect Parent in January's Christianity Today. She says:

"Children are not tomatoes to stake out or mules to train, nor are they numbers to plug into an equation. They are full human beings wondrously and fearfully made. Parenting, like all tasks under the sun, is intended as an endeavor of love, risk, perseverance, and, above all, faith."

With thanks for the link to my writer friend, Leslie Gould.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/january/12.22.html?start=1

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV

No comments: