Sunday, January 31, 2010

Show Me

I need this morning's prayer from A Diary of Private Prayers:

Give me today some clear vision of my life in time as it appears to Thine eternity.
Show me my own smallness and Thine infinite greatness.
Show me my own sin and Thy perfect righteousness.
Show me my own lovelessness and Thine exceeding love.
Yet in Thy mercy show me also how, small as I am, I may lean upon Thy righteousness; and how, loveless as I am, I may hide myself in Thy forgiving love.
Cause my thoughts to dwell much today on the life and death of Jesus Christ my Lord, so that I may see all things in light of the redemption which Thou hast granted to me in His name.
Amen.

He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11 ESV

No comments: